It is no secret that Japan Centre is the one-stop shop for anybody in the UK and Europe needing their quick fix of Kanji textbooks, high-quality bento boxes and Pocky. And it hardly matters if you cannot get to one of Japan Centre’s fabulous stores, because the online shop is here to send it all to you! And if you live in West London, you can now have your orders delivered after work with our home delivery service!
A Brief History
Normally, we use courier mail or the Royal Mail service for our deliveries. We have found that both services work fabulously well, but unfortunately neither delivers after traditional office hours, or allows customers to choose a specific time for delivery. We in the online hub received several requests for deliveries after office hours and within certain time frames. And since we are respected citizens and would never recommend that our customers miss a day of work to receive their orders, we decided to find a way to better cater to these customers. And thus the home delivery service was born.
Why choose Home Delivery?
The home delivery service is the ideal option for customers who are not at home during office hours. Not only can you choose the delivery time slot that suits you best, but your orders will be delivered to you by one of our friendly (and, we must say, ruggedly handsome) Japan Centre drivers. If you place your order before 9am on any weekday (except bank holidays), you can choose a delivery time from that day onwards.
And the best thing of all? The price! Orders delivered by courier involve a fee of at least £4.99 per box, to cover the cost of delivery, packing materials, and the restraint our packers must exercise to not pop all the bubble wrap. But since home delivery service orders are packed into shopping bags and our bubble wrap need not be used, no matter how much you order the postage and handling fee will always be just £4.99!
How it works
This is what you will need to do:
1. Choose the items you wish to order, and go to the check out page.
2. Fill in your delivery address. If your post code is in the W3 – 5 area, the Home Delivery option will be shown on the following page.
3. Choose your desired delivery date and time slot (17:00 – 18:00, 18:00 – 19:00 or 19:00 – 20:00 Monday to Friday, except bank holidays). Follow the instructions and complete the check out.
4. Wait impatiently on your expected day of arrival for your driver to call you, to tell you they are on their way.
5. Make sure somebody will be in the house to accept your order.
And that’s it!
Awesome! But surely there must be a catch?
We think this is a pretty great system. But, like everything, there needs to be an obligatory list of terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions
- If we are experiencing stock shortages we may not be able to deliver at your preferred date/time.
- Time slots are allocated on a first come, first serve basis. If your preferred time has already been chosen you will have to choose another convenient time.
- The offer of free delivery for orders totalling more than £100 does not apply to the Home Delivery Service
- Our driver will contact you on the day of delivery, so please provide a telephone number that you will definitely have to hand.
All in all, not too painful. Or at least, we like to think not.
I have more questions!
Until then, we hope you are as excited by this as we are! And if you live outside the W3-5 areas, fear not. With any luck, we shall be expanding our offered delivery areas in due course. Keep a watchful eye on this blog. We at Japan Centre will keep you posted.