This autumn the British Museum are kindly offering Japan Centre customers 25% off the price of tickets to see their exciting new exhibition Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art 3 October 2013 - 5 January 2014. We also have a pair of exhibition tickets to give away to one lucky couple, see below for how to enter.
Far Eastern EroticismExplicit, beautifully detailed and often brightly coloured, these paintings, prints and illustrations produced between 1600 and 1900, inspired Toulouse-Lautrec, Rodin and Picasso. Within Japan, Shunga has continued to influence manga, anime and Japanese tattoo art. The exhibition sheds new light on this taboo art form within Japanese social and cultural history. Parental guidance advised for under 16s.
Win Tickets**COMPETITION NOW CLOSED** We're offering Japan Centre fans the chance to win a pair of tickets to the exhibition on Saturday 19th October. TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling us who is your favourite Japanese artist? You can also enter via Facebook and Twitter by replying to our competition posts. Terms and conditions apply (ii).
Japan Centre Customers Enjoy 25% Off TicketsDon't worry if you don't win, Japan Centre customers can enjoy 25% off the price of Shunga exhibition tickets by quoting ‘japancentre’ online at britishmuseum.org/shunga or when calling 020 7323 8181. Book now! Quote ‘japancentre’ online at britishmuseum.org/shunga or call 020 7323 8181. Terms and conditions apply (i).
i. Discount Ticket Terms and conditions
1) 25% off full adult tickets (£7) booked before 24th December 2013 for exhibition visits between 3 October and 24 December 2013.
2) Booking fees may apply – £2 per ticket booked by telephone, £1 per ticket when booked online.
3) One transaction per customer.
4) Quote ‘japancentre’ over the phone and enter this code at checkout for online bookings.
5) Offer available for telephone, walk-up and online bookings
6) Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
7) The Museum will be closed on 24, 25 and 26 December 2013 and on 1 January 2014.
8) This offer is non-transferable and has no monetary value.
9) The British Museum reserves the right to amend its opening hours and those of this exhibition.
ii. Competition Terms and Conditions
1) Prize constitutes one pair of exhibition tickets for a visit to Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art on Saturday 19 October between 10.00 and
16.10 (last entry).
2) The prize winner must call the British Museum’s Marketing Department direct (Charlotte Kewell) in advance to arrange an entry time for their
exhibition visit. They may spend as long as they like in the exhibition. Tickets can be posted to them or collected on the day of the visit from
the British Museum Ticket desk in the Great Court.
3) These tickets are offered subject to availability, have no retail value and cannot be exchanged, resold, refunded or used in conjunction with
any other offer.
4) The British Museum reserves the right to amend the exhibition’s opening hours.
5) Japan Centre will choose a winner at random after the closing date Wednesday 9th October.