The next in our recipe series is a sushi roll that is very healthy and simple to prepare. It differs from maki sushi in that it is requires no cutting and is rolled by hand. Over the next few months, we’ll be showing you how to make the tastiest and most popular dishes out there.
Feel free to leave comments at the bottom with any useful suggestions or tips.
Temaki-zushi is hand-rolled sushi which is easy to make, tastes great and you can use any ingredients that you like. A great introduction to the world of sushi!
You can buy many of the ingredients at Japan Centre, just click on the link and add it to your basket.
INGREDIENTS – SERVES 2
• Nori Seaweed
• Japanese Rice
• Sushi Vinegar
• Tuna – Sashimi grade
• Tuna – Tinned variety mixed with mayonnaise.
• Salmon – Sashimi grade
• Tamagoyaki – Japanese egg omelette
• Seafood sticks
• Large Prawns
HOW TO PREPARE
1. After cooking 250g of rice, mix with 15ml (1 tbsp) of sushi vinegar and leave to cool before using.
2. Prepare the ingredients into thin 10cm lengths and cut the sheets of Nori seaweed into 4 square pieces.
3. Place one of the squares of Nori seaweed in your dry hands.
4. Add a thin layer of rice on one half of the Nori.
5. If you want you can add some sesame seeds to the rice for extra flavour.
6. Start adding any ingredients diagonally on top of the rice. You can use any combination, but fish and vegetables often compliment each other well.
7. Roll the Nori into a cone with your hands.
8. Your Temaki-Zushi is now ready to eat, enjoy!
You can print this recipe and even bring it to the foodshop to find the ingredients.