Explore the parallels between modern Japanese manga comics and the historic world of shunga erotic art in a special lecture event at the British Museum on Friday 1st November. Entitled ‘Shunga into manga?’ it will be chaired by Nicole Rousmaniere (British Museum) with Exhibition Curator Timothy Clark, Nobuko Anan (Birkbeck, University of London), and Paul Gravett (writer, journalist and comics expert). Whether you’re a manga fan, Shunga appreciator or just want to expand your mind with amazing Japanese art, this is not to be missed!
**COMPETITION NOW CLOSED**
We’re offering Japan Centre fans the chance to win a pair of tickets to this fantastic event!
TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling us your favourite manga series! You can also enter via Facebook and Twitter by replying to our competition posts.
Terms and conditions apply (ii).
Don’t despair if it’s not your lucky day, though! You can purchase tickets for the ‘Shunga into manga?’ lecture online from the British Museum.
But wait, there’s more…!
Japan Centre Customers Enjoy 25% off Tickets to the Exhibition
If you can’t attend the lecture or prefer your learning a bit more self-directed and still haven’t been to see Shunga: sex and pleasure in Japanese art at the British Museum, what are you waiting for! Japan Centre customers can enjoy 25% off the price of Shunga exhibition tickets by quoting ‘japancentre’ online at britishmuseum.org/shunga or when calling 020 7323 8181. Please note the discount is only valid for tickets to the exhibition, not the ‘Shunga into manga?’ lecture itself.
Book now! Quote ‘japancentre’ online at britishmuseum.org/shunga or call 020 7323 8181.
Terms and conditions apply (i).
i. Discount Ticket Terms and conditions
1) 25% off full adult tickets (£7) booked before 24th December 2013 for exhibition visits between 3 October and 24 December 2013.
2) Booking fees may apply – £2 per ticket booked by telephone, £1 per ticket when booked online.
3) One transaction per customer.
4) Quote ‘japancentre’ over the phone and enter this code at checkout for online bookings.
5) Offer available for telephone, walk-up and online bookings
6) Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
7) The Museum will be closed on 24, 25 and 26 December 2013 and on 1 January 2014.
8) This offer is non-transferable and has no monetary value.
9) The British Museum reserves the right to amend its opening hours and those of this exhibition.
ii. Competition Terms and Conditions
1) Prize constitutes one pair of tickets for the British Museum lecture, Shunga into manga, being held at the Museum on Friday 1st November 2013 at 18.30.
2) The prize winner must call the British Museum’s Marketing Department direct (Charlotte Kewell) in advance to arrange collection of their tickets. Tickets can be posted to them or collected on the day from the British Museum Ticket desk in the Great Court.
3) These tickets are lecture tickets only, have no retail value and cannot be exchanged for exhibition tickets, resold, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
4) The British Museum reserves the right to amend the exhibition’s opening hours.
5) Japan Centre will choose a winner at random after the closing date Monday 28th October.