MATCHA GREEN TEA LATTE (HOT OR ICED)
Matcha powder is the one of the most healthy green teas out there because you drink a powdered form of the actual tea leaf, unlike regular green tea which is simply an infusion of the leaves. Matcha goes perfectly with milk thanks to its smooth taste and is delicious hot or cold. It also contains some caffeine, so it will give you an instant pick me up at any time of day.
WHAT YOU NEED – Makes 1 cup
• 1 Teaspoon of Matcha Green Tea Powder
• 2 Teaspoons of Sugar
• 3 Tablespoons of Warm Water
• 250/300ml of Whole or Semi-skimmed Milk (Hot or Cold)
• Matcha Whisk or Electric Milk Whisk
• Few cubes of ice (for Iced Latte only)
HOW TO MAKE
1. Spoon the Matcha Green Tea Powder and the sugar into a mug or cup.
2. Add the warm water and mix either with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste. This is to stop the tea having lumps in it.
3. Warm up the milk in a separate pan and pour into the mug until it is nearly full. (OR use cold milk for Iced Latte)
4. Use the whisk to mix the paste and milk together until it is smooth and light green in colour. Now it’s ready to drink!
5. If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of Green Tea Matcha Powder on the top for decoration. (OR add ice for an extra cold Iced Latte)
Also available Hot or Cold at the ‘umai’ deli counter in Japan Centre store on Regent Street.